I love the way you lie

Just gonna stand there,And watch me burn,But that's alright
Because I like,The way it hurts

Monday, November 24, 2008

How Work is Like Peanut Butter


Feel like you always fall out of love with your jobs? Does this sound familiar?
"In the beginning, I couldn't wait to get to the office. I loved the company, my boss, my peers and my job. Then, the excitement started to go away and I realized that it was all in my mind. The job I fell in love with is just like every other job I've had: It's repetitive, tedious and long. I end up feeling like a failure because I can't find a job that makes me happy." If you can relate to this scenario, let me share a secret: Work is like peanut butter. Phase one: The introduction Think back to when you were first introduced to peanut butter. You were most likely a kid, who had tasted only healthy foods that were dull but good for you, like fruits, veggies, toast and crackers. One day, someone put a sandwich in front of you and said, "Try this." You took a bite and your taste buds went nuts for the sweet candylike treat that was easy to chew and full of yummy flavor. Your little brain probably said, "Is this a mistake? Do they know what I'm eating?" At which point, you immediately thought, "I better show them I like this," and you wolfed it down.

No comments:

Solitaire